Thank you for visiting the website of InfoTech Law Advocates, P.C (“ITLA”). Our goal is to empower IT businesses by providing them with quality legal service and advice at a reasonable cost. We encourage you to explore our website and to view the various legal services and offerings that we provide. These Website Usage Terms govern your use of the website located at http://www.itlalaw.com (the “Website”), including the services and materials offered through the Website. By using our Website, you agree to abide by the following Website Usage Terms.
- You will find trademarks, service marks, and logos present throughout the pages of our Website, including the trademarks, service marks, and logos of ITLA. The trademarks, service marks, and logos appearing on our Website are the property of their respective owners, and you may not use or alter them in any way unless you have the owner’s permission.
- We do our best to make sure that the content available on our Website is accurate and beneficial to users. However, like pretty much everything else in this world, the content on our Website may not always be perfect, complete, accurate, or helpful. We do not make any guarantees about the content appearing on our Website. You should use your best judgment when viewing and using our Website and its content.
- You may find that our Website contains links to third-party websites that are not controlled or owned by ITLA. We do not endorse or assume any responsibility for any third-party sites, information, materials, products, or services. If you decide to access any third-party website from our Website, you do so at your own risk. You agree that we are not responsible or liable for any issues or damages that may result from you accessing such third party websites. If you use a link to go to another website, you will need to abide by the terms and conditions of those websites.
- When using our Website, you remain responsible for anything that you do, and you agree that you will not: (i) transmit any spam, chain letters, or other unsolicited emails; (ii) do anything that may interfere with our systems or service or that may interfere with other users’ systems or services; (iii) upload any data, worms, viruses, or other software agents to our Website; (iv) impersonate another person or somehow misrepresent your identity or affiliations; (v) try to bypass any security measures that we have put in place to protect the integrity of our Website or its content; or (vi) transmit anything of a vulgar, obscene, pornographic, or indecent nature. If necessary, we reserve the right to terminate or suspend your access to the Website at any time for any reason, including for any violation of the above prohibitions.
- You may find legal resources made available to you at no cost on our Website. For the use of those resources, we do not expect and do not require any payment from you. Additionally, we may offer subscription fee based services, including the ITLA Legal Helpdesk services discussed below, and the then current subscription fees and terms and conditions are applicable to such services. If you decide to engage ITLA for other legal services, rates and other payment information will be provided to you in an engagement letter at the time of engagement. If the engagement letter does not include payment terms, then you have thirty (30) days from the date of an invoice to pay us for services provided.
- We may provide you with an opportunity to create an account on our Website, which you may use to view and download content and to communicate with ITLA. As with any online account passwords, you should select a password that will be difficult for others to figure out. To help our users create secure passwords, we may put certain restrictions or requirements on user passwords. Additionally, if we feel it is necessary, we may require users to change passwords on a periodic basis. It is up to you to make sure that your password remains secure.
- THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING TEXT, GRAPHICS, LINKS, AND OTHER ITEMS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. ITLA DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS. NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, IS GIVEN IN CONNECTION WITH THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS.
- IN NO EVENT WILL ITLA BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR EXPENSES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE, EVEN IF ITLA OR REPRESENTATIVES THEREOF ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR EXPENSES. ITLA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY ADVICE, OPINIONS, STATEMENTS, OR RECOMMENDATIONS THAT APPEAR ON OR ARE DISSEMINATED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. ANY SUCH RELIANCE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ITLA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY USER OF THE WEBSITE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG IMPLIED WARRANTIES MAY LAST, SO THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS SECTION GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS. THESE OTHER RIGHTS VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless ITLA, its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or accruing from (i) any material posted or otherwise provided by you that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret. trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) any misrepresentation made by you in connection with your use of the Website; (iii) any noncompliance by you with the terms of this Agreement; and (iv) any claims brought by persons or entities other than you or ITLA arising from or related to your access and use of the Website, including the information obtained through the Website.
- We may monitor the use of the Website at our discretion. If we do so, we may examine, copy, and record any information relating to your usage of the Website. We reserve the right to disclose such information in order to comply with any law, regulation, or governmental request. We may, but are not required to, remove any communication that we feel is objectionable or inappropriate.
- We, at our sole discretion, and for any reason or for no reason, may terminate your password or your access to all or part of the Website, and may delete and discard any information that you have published, sent or received on or via the Website.
Why we collect your information
- The underlying reason why we collect Website users’ information is so that we are able to provide the services and offerings that will best meet their needs and expectations. The collection of your information enables us to provide you with convenient access to the content on our Website and enables us to respond to any requests or questions that you have of ITLA. In addition, your information helps us keep you up to date on the latest services, offers, and events provided by us and our various third party partners.
What information we collect
- When using our Website, we may collect information such as your name, job title, your company’s name, mailing address, phone number, email address, company profile information, contact preferences, and credit card information. Additionally, we may ask that you provide us with a brief history regarding your company’s dealings with legal matters. We will only collect this information if you voluntarily provide it to us either when using one of our offerings on our Website or when creating an account.
- We also collect information to determine such things as where users are coming from, where users are going, and whether there might be any problems or errors occurring with our Website. This information tends to identify machines and internet addresses, but it does not identify individuals.
- Our legal services are marketed towards IT businesses. We do not knowingly collect nor is it our intention to collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personal information to our Website, we will attempt to delete that information as soon as possible.
How we use the information collected
- We use the collected information in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- To make sure that the content on our Website is meeting the needs of our clients and Website users.
- To conduct market research activities.
- To determine how best to provide useful information to our clients and Website users.
- To respond to requests for legal services and to respond to Website users to who take advantage of the legal services available on our Website.
- To monitor, diagnose, and resolve any issues that may be occurring with the general functionality of our Website.
- To provide it to trusted third party partners for marketing and promotional purposes.
- We do not sell or rent your contact information to other marketers.
Like most Websites, we may elect to use “cookies” for several legitimate purposes. These include remembering identifications and passwords, tracking user traffic patterns, and differentiating between repeat and new users. It is our policy that data generated by cookies will be used for internal purposes only and to improve our Website and site-related services.
How we protect your information
- We take precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of any information that you might transmit to us or that we might deliver to you over the Internet. You can help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser. To help our users create secure passwords, we may put certain restrictions or requirements on user passwords. Additionally, if we feel it is necessary, we may require users to change passwords on a periodic basis.
- While we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining your personal information. You agree that you will not hold ITLA liable for any damages or losses resulting from third parties illegally obtaining your personal information.
What information we might share with third party partners
- As noted above, we may provide your information to our trusted third party partners for marketing and promotional purposes. However, we will not provide our partners with any of information that would allow them to connect you with any information that you provide regarding your company’s legal history or other legal matters.
- Also, we may include on our Website links that take you to websites operated by our partners or other third parties. These sites have their own privacy policies of which you will need to be aware. We have no control over those privacy policies or any third party websites, so please use your best judgment when you access them.
- If you do not want us to provide you with news and the latest information about the services, offers, and events provided by us and/or our partners, please contact us to update your contact information and preferences. You always have the right to access and correct the personal information you have provided and can help us ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date.
ITLA LEGAL HELPDESK TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Your company must be an IT solution provider with 5 employees or less (including the owner(s)) to access and receive Helpdesk services. We reserve the right at any time to terminate the Helpdesk subscriptions of any company that does not meet these eligibility requirements. We have no obligation to offer any refunds for terminations based on a company not meeting the eligibility requirements.
Subscription Plan Services and Levels
- ITLA may offer multiple Helpdesk subscription plans. The included services and applicable fees may vary from plan to plan. Depending on the usage of Helpdesk services by clients, the viability of continuing to provide certain services, and a multitude of other factors, we may, at our discretion, remove or change-out services from Helpdesk subscription plans. We will make reasonable efforts to replace any removed services with an alternative service of similar value; however, we have no obligation to replace any services that are removed from a subscription plan.
Subscription Term and Fees
- All subscriptions to the Helpdesk services are based on one-year terms. All fees for the entire one-year term of your Helpdesk subscription are due and must be paid at the time that you subscribe to the Helpdesk. All subscription fees for any renewal term must be paid at the time of renewal. Refunds of your subscription fee are available only if: (i) you request a refund in writing within fifteen (15) days of the commencement of your subscription term, and (ii) you have not made use of any of the Helpdesk services available to you under your Helpdesk subscription plan.
- You agree that you will not contest with your credit card company any Helpdesk subscription fees.
Limitations on Use
- You may use the the Helpdesk services only for the company under which you signed up for your Helpdesk subscription. You may not share Helpdesk services with other companies, organizations, or individuals outside of your company.
- Our Helpdesk services are used by many ITLA clients. To be able to provide all clients with quality legal services through the Helpdesk, we ask that you please make reasonable use of the services available to you. If we feel that your use of the Helpdesk services exceeds the reasonable legal needs of a small IT solutions provider, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your subscription to the Helpdesk. We have no obligation to provide you with a refund in the event of such termination.
CompTIA Premier Member Subscription Rate
- We offer the Helpdesk services to CompTIA Premier Members and non-Premier Members alike. However, as a Premier Member of CompTIA, you will receive a discounted subscription fee for the Helpdesk services. You will receive that discounted fee for as long as you are a Premier Member of CompTIA. If you decide to terminate or not renew your CompTIA Premier Membership, you are no longer eligible for the discounted subscription fee.
- If your CompTIA Premier Membership lapses during your Helpdesk subscription term, you will continue to receive the discounted subscription fee until your current Helpdesk subscription term expires or is terminated. If you are not a Premier Member of CompTIA at the time you renew your Helpdesk subscription, ITLA’s non-discounted subscription fees will apply.
- If you purchase a subscription to the Helpdesk and later become a CompTIA Premier Member, we have no obligation to provide you with the discounted subscription fee until the time that you renew your Helpdesk subscription (provided that you are still a CompTIA Premier Member at the time of renewal).
Terms applicable to Specific Helpdesk Services
- Ask an IT Lawyer –
- ALL RESPONSES TO QUESTIONS ARE LIMITED TO THE GENERAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE OF THE ATTORNEYS. If the attorney reviewing your question feels, at his/her discretion, that your question requires further legal research, we will notify you of this. We shall have no obligation to answer such question through the Helpdesk services.
- All questions submitted must relate to the legal needs or concerns generally associated with small IT solutions providers. We reserve the right to not answer questions that we feel do not fall within those needs or concerns.
- You are not permitted to ask follow-up or additional questions based on answers that you received for a previously submitted question. If we feel that a question that you submit is a follow-up or additional question, we shall have no obligation to answer such question through the Helpdesk services.
- We reserve the right to put limitations on the length of your questions and our answers, including, but not limited to, character and word count limitations. We have no obligation to answer questions that might exceed such limitations.
- Custom Contract Reviews –
- Our obligation only will be to provide general, basic, high-level comments on the contracts and agreements submitted for review. We have no obligation to answer any further follow-up questions through the Helpdesk services relating to any comments provided to you. We will not provide any revisions for contracts and agreements submitted for review.
- Electronic Signature Service –
- Only documents created or revised by ITLA may be routed via the electronic signature service, including ReadyNow templates.
- ITLA does not warrant that signatures obtained through the electronic signature service will be enforced. Local laws and enforcement of electronic signatures may vary.
- Annual Report Service –
- We will provide you with email notices alerting you to upcoming annual reports that are due for your company.
- You acknowledge and agree that we have no liability or responsibility for any penalties, sanctions, dissolutions, disqualifications, suspensions, damages, expenses, or the like for your failure to provide us with a timely, complete and accurate response to the email notice that we provide to you.
- In the event that you respond to the email notice with a timely, complete and accurate response but we fail to meet the filing requirements applicable to your annual report, you agree that our entire liability to you in such instance will be the fees required by the applicable jurisdiction to reinstate your company to good standing with that jurisdiction. You acknowledge and agree that ITLA will pay such reinstatement fees directly to the jurisdiction and not to your company. ITLA will perform all services required to get your company reinstated at our own cost and expense.
- The information, comments, answers, and other feedback that attorneys may provide to you through the Helpdesk services are meant to be general guidance based on the limited information available to us through the Helpdesk. Your reliance on anything that an attorney provides to you as part of the Helpdesk services is done at your own risk, and you agree that, except as otherwise provided in these ITLA Legal Helpdesk Terms and Conditions, we have no liability or responsibility to you for any claims, losses, expenses, lawsuits, or other damages that you may incur based on or relating to your reliance on, use of or non-use of the information, comments, answers, and other feedback that an attorney may provide as part of the Helpdesk services.
- The Helpdesk may include interactive tools which provide automated or semi-automated responses, information, or other feedback based on information that you provide. Your reliance on anything provided to you through the use of an interactive tool is done at your own risk, and you agree that we have no liability or responsibility to you for any claims, losses, expenses, lawsuits, or other damages that you may incur based on or relating to your reliance on, use of or non-use of any responses, information, or other feedback provided by the interactive tools available at the Helpdesk.
- You understand and agree that advice and commentary on legal questions, matters, and documents may vary based on the jurisdictional law that might be applicable. We make no representation or warranty that any information, comments, answers, and other feedback provided through the Helpdesk services will be applicable or proper for all jurisdictions. Further, we reserve the right to not answer or not provide advice or commentary on questions, matters, or documents that may require the application of the laws of a jurisdiction in which ITLA is not active or does not have representation available to provide advice and commentary.
- Certain Helpdesk services incorporate the services of third parties, including third party cloud storage providers. You acknowledge and agree that ITLA does not own or control such third parties, and ITLA shall have no liability or responsibility to you for any loss of data, breach of data, damages, losses, expenses, causes of action or otherwise arising from or relating to the use of third party service providers in the provision of the Helpdesk services.